I am an isotope geochemist studying oxygen and carbon cycling over a range of timescales.
For my Ph.D., I developed a new tracer of ancient carbon dioxide concentrations using the isotopic composition of oxygen locked in biogenic carbonate minerals such as teeth and eggshells.
At Rice, I am applying clumped isotopes of oxygen to the oceans to understand how mixing and respiration affect low-oxygen zones in coastal and open-ocean environments.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Rice University 2016 -
- Ph.D., Geochemistry, Johns Hopkins University 2016
- B.S., Geochemistry, University of Science and Technology of China 2011
- Hu, H., L. Y. Yeung, S. Li, I. Mellor-Crummey, B. Li, J. L. Ash, N. E. Rollins, and W. M. Berelson, “Determination of O2 clumped-isotope composition and O2/Ar ratios in seawater using gas chromatography and high-resolution isotope-ratio mass spectrometry,” in revision.
- Yeung., L. Y., S. Li, I. E. Kohl, J. A. Haslun, N. E. Ostrom, H. Hu, E. A. Schauble, T. P. Fischer, and E. D. Young, “Extreme enrichment in atmospheric 15N15N,” Sci. Adv. 3 (2017) eaao6741. doi: 10.1126/sciadv.aao6741
- Passey, B. H., H. Hu, H. Ji, S. Montanari, S. Li, G. A. Henkes, and N. E. Levin, "Triple oxygen isotopes in biogenic and sedimentary carbonates," Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 141 (2014), 1-25. doi: 10.1016/j.gca.2014.06.006
- Yang Y. Z., Q. Long, H. T. Hu, P. T. Hieu , T. B. T. Nguyen, and F. K. Chen, "Geochemical characteristics and origin of lamprophyre in the Laichau area, northwestern Vietnam." Acta Petrol. Sinica 29 (2013), 899-911.